Now, before you get out our King Triton-sized pitchforks, I don’t actually think it’s possible to go to Disney World too often.
In fact, if I were allowed to move into Disney World tomorrow, I would happily take the chance and spend all of my waking days doing endless loops on the Carousel of Progress and stuffing my face at Boma.
Want insider Disney tips from an expert?
Join 4,000 others in weekly guides to Disney’s hidden secrets, gems, and money-saving tips!
Pssst – this printable Disney scavenger hunt is amazing
Since you’re already looking up Disney guides, I just wanted to make sure you knew about this printable Disney World scavenger hunt created by a lifelong Orlando native and Disney World fan.
There are over 60 challenges with a full answer key and both Family and Grown Up versions and a bonus Disney Springs hunt for your non-park day!
Unfortunately that’s not possible (YET! A dream is a wish your heart makes, remember?) so I’ve put together a list of signs that you’re a Disney addict.
It’s a real condition that many of us have the joy of suffering from, and I think it’s time we made the symptoms clear so that we can all feel less alone.
Okay, everyone put on your hilarious Lion King shirts and let’s get going.
1. Every time you get in any sort of public transportation, you’re disappointed when the voice over the loudspeaker doesn’t do your favorite monorail spiel or Skyliner announcement.
2. You plan fake trips that won’t actually happen.
You know they won’t happen.
Like, no, it won’t be possible for you to take the whole family out of their schools and jobs next week and randomly fly down to Florida and spend 7 nights at Disney World Grand Floridian Club Level, but you’ve got the whole thing planned on the off chance you win the lottery and suddenly have no other obligations next Tuesday.
💰My top tip: want to save money on your Disney World tickets?
Always check prices on Undercover Tourist here for authentic discounted tickets!
3. You tear up when you see a Disney World advertisement or commercial and have a sixth sense to know when they’re coming on.
You can just FEEL that the castle is nearby and run straight from the basement up to the 2nd floor to watch all of the actors with their winning smiles being hurled around on the teacups.
Ah, true bliss.
🚌Not renting a car in Orlando?
My favorite shuttle to get from the Orlando airport directly to Disney World is this one with a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating.
4. Your house is a shrine to Disney World, but not in an obvious way.
See, on the surface it APPEARS that you’re playing it cool and haven’t bought everything in the gift shop, but that’s because you’ve been strategic about it to make sure that your lesser-Disney loving partner doesn’t put a stop to your madness.
Sure, the couch isn’t shaped like Mickey Mouse, but you know exactly where to find your Disney spatula, Disney drinks coasters, Disney tongs, Disney cookbook, Disney business card holder (oh wait, that’s for work).
The list goes on. Also, you had a Disney themed wedding.
5. When you do book a Disney trip, you change your resort about 18 times because you just can’t decide where to stay.
It’s not uncommon for you to start out at All-Star Movies and end up at the Polynesian by the time you get there.
It’s intoxicating to check out new resort deals and watch YouTube videos of all of the resorts to picture yourself staying at them.
6. You take making your hard-to-get Disney dining reservations more seriously than you take basically anything in your whole life.
If your house burns down, no biggie, we’ll rebuild.
If you fall and break your arm, not a problem, put me in a cast and shove me out the door!
But if you can’t get Ohana for 8:55am on Tuesday 5 months from now.
WELP, THE WORLD IS ENDING, GUESS WE SHOULD JUST CALL IT QUITS.
7. You talk in a language all your own that no one arounds you understands, but that’s fine because you’re happy in your Disney bubble.
“Oh yeah, I’m just going to head to Rope Drop Galaxy’s Edge, then probably hit up a quick service for breakfast and a table service for lunch and I’ll probably stay for Extra Magic Hours. Oh, have you seen my MagicBand?
8. Every time you read any sort of article or book that mentions Missouri, you immediately think of Marceline and Walt Disney.
9. You know exactly how to get on Flights of Passage without a Fastpass and are the hero of your family every time you take them to Animal Kingdom and get them on the ride without waiting for 16 hours.
10. You can hardly remember your anniversary or your family member’s birthdays, but when it comes to attraction refurbishment dates, you are ON IT.
11. Whether you’re commuting, cleaning, or just chilling out, the soundtrack to your life is an endless loop of your favorite park’s entrance music.
12. You’ve watched the entiriety of your favorite fireworks show on YouTube over and over again until you know all of the words by heart.
Special bonus points if you also do it for the holiday shows – Christmas Illuminations, anyone?
13. Either you had a Disney wedding, you dream about having a Disney wedding, or you still have a full plan for a Disney wedding despite your actual wedding having been 6 years ago in a country club.
14. When your friends plan trips to Disney World, they know not to bother doing any of the research themselves and instead just come straight to you.
15. People know not to bring up 3 things with you: politics, religion, and whether or not you think the Jungle Cruise is a cheesy boat ride or a must-do Disney classic.
16. You say random attraction lines at various points throughout your day.
For instance, when you’re trying to get ahold of someone, it’s “Paging Mr. Tom Morrowwwwwwwwwww.”
When the road has been a little bumpy, “It’s the wildest ride in the WILDERNESS!”
17. When you walk onto Disney property and a cast member tells you, “Welcome home,” you feel it in your heart.
This is your happy place, your favorite place, a place that has brought you so much joy, and no matter what happens in your “regular” life, you know that your Disney life will always be waiting for you.
Hey! Want more of our expert Disney guides? Check these out!
- 49 Fantastic Ways to Save Money on a Disney Vacation
- 5 Best Disney Moderate Resorts (and where not to stay)
- Best Disney Value Resorts (and where not to stay)
- 13 Best Rides for Infants and Babies in the Magic Kingdom
- 27 Adorable Magic Kingdom Shirts for Fans
- 9 of the Best Rides for Tweens and Teens at Magic Kingdom
- 23 Adorable Epcot Shirts for Disney Fans
- 23 Fantastic Animal Kingdom Shirts for Disney Fans
- 25 Best Hollywood Studios Shirts for Disney Fans
- Ultimate Guide to Christmas at Disney World
- Which Disney All-Star Resort is Best?
- 21 Best Disney Resorts, Ranked
- Exactly What to Wear to Disney World
- How to Avoid Lines at Disney World
- Exactly How to Avoid Parking Fees at Disney World
- Renting DVC Points: How to Save Hundreds at Disney
- Going to Disney World Alone: the Ultimate Guide
- Fun Tips for Celebrating a Birthday at Disney World
- Perfect Disney World 7 Day Itinerary
- Staying Cool at Disney World: Insider Secrets
- Best Time to Visit Disney World: the Truth
- Best Age for Disney World: the honest, specific truth
- Traveling to Disney World with a non-Disney fan
- Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studio: the Ultimate Guide
- Honest + Complete Guide to Disney’s Skyliner
- How to Go to Disney World with Anxiety (and still have fun)
- 11+ Disastrous Disney World Mistakes to Avoid
- Best Disney Deluxe Resorts
- Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Galaxy’s Edge
- How to Get Upgraded at Disney World
- The Ultimate Disney Resort-Hopping Challenge
- 21 Cute Disney Family Matching Shirts
- 23 Best Disney World Shirts to Wear to the Parks
- 23 Magical Disney Couple Shirts
- 11 Best Pools at Disney World
- 26 Best Magic Kingdom Rides
- 11 Best Hollywood Studios Rides
- 10 Best Epcot Rides
- 8 Best Animal Kingdom Rides
- 21 Best Disney World Instagram Spots
- Secret Things to Do at Disney World
- Don’t Miss Things to Do at Hollywood Studios
- Best Things to Do in Disney World
- Adventurous Things to Do at Animal Kingdom
- Iconic Things to Do at Epcot
- Enchanting Things to Do at Magic Kingdom
- Ideas for the Perfect Disney World Honeymoon
- What to Pack for Disney World
- Free Places to Watch Fireworks at Disney World
- Brilliant Ways to Get Hard to Get Disney Dining Reservations
- Best Disney Resorts for Couples
- Best Places to Propose at Disney World
- Best Rides at Magic Kingdom for Adults
- Best Rides at Epcot for Adults
- Disney World for Adults: the Ultimate Guide
- Best Disney Resorts for Kids
- Best Disney Resorts for Toddlers
- Romantic Disney World Date Ideas
- Magical Things to Do at Disney Springs
- Best Disney Resorts for a Honeymoon
- Free Things to Do at Disney World
Get the All-American Travel Secrets!
Don't miss out on America's hidden gems!